Monday, June 15, 2009

Un-FREAKING-Believable


I just got a call today from Marrakech. They've delayed the opening. And now they want me to start September 1st.

After giving me a hard time for asking for an August 1st start date. After making it sound like it is DIRE that I need to be there July 1st. After we have been running around with wedding plans, moving plans, giving notice at jobs, apartments, bugging family, friends and anyone who will listen they want me to start September 1st.

To say I'm upset is a little understated. I mean they knew there were rumblings that the hotel would be delayed. They wouldn't tell me and I KNEW that it would be delayed. And they still insisted on a July 1st start date. And now this. It just makes them seem 1. disorganized and 2. uncaring as to my situation. I understand that they have construction issues and all sorts of opening issues to deal with, but take some initiative and realize as you are hiring someone that the opening date you have planned, probably will not be happening and plan accordingly. It's not THAT hard.

So
  1. I need to speak with mom. (Mom, call me when you read this)
  2. The wedding is still on for July 14th. Too much is already been planned and coordinated. We're not changing it.
  3. Garren's going to see if he can still work for another month or so, while still having the time off for the wedding and all.
  4. I need to coordinate with Marrakech to see if we can do an Aug 1st or Mid August start date so that even if Garren is not working we can possibly make everything work.

Oy vey!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a nightmare! I'm sure you'll get it all worked out, but that is so super frustrating to have to deal with all that shite, especially with the way the Marrakech people handled it. Well, chin up, and try not to worry too much. It'll all come together in the end. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is ridiculous. how aggravating. i will make some more green screen photographs to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete