Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hidden Costs

You know, I'm supposed to be moving to Morocco because this is going to be beneficial to me, and while in the long run it may be, so far all it has been is an expense. Between the wedding which we weren't able to take the time to save for (not that I mind), buying a ticket for Garren (again not that I mind, obviously), acquiring pertinent documents, and them pushing back my start date I feel somehow like I'm out a fortune. I'm sure maybe I'm exaggerating a little here, but now I'm having to pay to have all my document translated for the Visa purposes. 

I just sent ONE of the documents I need translated for a quote and was told $195 for the one document. Granted it's the biggest document with the most words but at this rate, getting everything translated is going to cost me an insane amount of money. 

Between the wedding, moving, taking on a new job, leaving my old job, moving away from everything I know, leaving my cats, and spending a lot of money I don't have I'm feeling really depressed. I keep telling myself it's going to be great and it's all going to be worth it in the end, but right now it doesn't feel that way. I just feel stressed, put out and a little lonely with Garren at work tonight. 

Whatever it's just money right? And in the end it will get me to Morocco and a crazy adventure right? I'm going to have to email to see if they will cover the costs for these translations. I just hate feeling like the American who's trying to get everything paid for. But this was an expense I didn't expect.  So I'll send them the invoice and see what they say. Sigh. It will probably be no.

1 comment:

  1. just think, in morocco garren will NEVER be working nights. unless it's working to make your dinner or rub your feet. i'm just saying. house-boy.

    ReplyDelete