Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Making some Progress


So last week or so I was given a list of things that need to be provided for my Visa application in Morocco. I present you with the list:
  • 16 Identification Photos (8 Passport size, 8 1 inch x 1 inch)
  • Birth Certificate
  • 2 Copies of Marriage License
  • 3 Copies of Background Check (1 original + 2 copies)
  • 4 Copies of Resume (in French)
  • 2 Copies of any Diplomas
  • 2 Copies of Verification of Employment
  • Original Copy of the Request for Transfer
  • 5 Copies of Passport with the Visa Page for entry into Morocco

On top of this all of the above has to be translated into French and I have to get 3 quotes from movers to move our stuff from Berkeley, CA to Marrakech, Morocco. And no one has told me when they need these documents by or how to send them (i.e email, mail, overnight, etc, or just plain bring it with me). Ughh.

But for my own, "I am making progress purposes" I give you the following list of items that have procured and/or completed:

  • 8 Passport Photos (they suck). (I still need to get 8 in the 1"x1" size)
  • Birth Certificate with Certification obtained today! (Still needs to be translated)
  • 2 Copies of Marriage Certificate - I explained our situation and was told I can bring a copy of the filed marriage license and give them a copy of the Marriage Certificate when received after arrival in Morocco. (To be copied, filed and request a copy of certificate)
  • Background check - Both Garren and I have been fingerprinted and have sent them off to the FBI for a print out of a criminal background check. (Waiting to be received and then translated).
  • Resume - My sister is working on translating this for me. And if she doesn't have time I'll have it translated with everything else
  • Diploma - I've found it! (Still needs to be translated)
  • Verification of Employment - I have one from my current employer and one from my former employer is on the way (Still need to be translated)
  • Request for Transfer - Filled out except that they need to tell us how long the duration time frame should be on the form. (An email has been sent to clarify)
  • Passport and Visa Page - Has been scanned (Ready to send and/or print as soon as they tell me when they want this stuff!)
  • Movers are coming tomorrow to do an estimate, another company is sending an estimate based on our size requirements and we are calling another to get the third estimate tomorrow.

So really I am making progress right? Now if I can just get them to tell me when I should buy our tickets. Or how? And if it's ok that we're planning on leaving from LA....So many things to settle still, but progress is progress. Right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. this was my life last summer getting ready to come over here. The French LOVE their paperwork! And it never ends. I have a laundry list of letters I have to write before leaving to cancel all my services here (gym, bank, renter's insurance, electricity, water, internet). God forbid you just send an email or click on "annuler". That would be TOO EASY. BTW I was talking to someone here and they suggested that in terms of the resume you may want to get it officially translated as there may be terminology I don't know in regards to business documents like a resume. I'll work on it this weekend but I think your safest bet is to translate it with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that list is ridiculous. you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete