Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Virtual Coffee

Another week, another post. I'm feeling a little uninspired today. All week I've been thinking about what I would say today when we met for coffee but I've got nothing. Okay maybe not nothing, but nothing entertaining. Not really.

The big news is that Kept Man is a officially a Kept Man no longer. G Unit has made the move back to the daily grind. Two days strong and he's going back for thirds tomorrow. This past weekend was spent getting the house and ourselves organized as we knew that no one would be around with tons of time on their hands to clean and cook. I think we've done ok so far and feel as if we are both putting the effort in to do things around the house. Mostly me really since before I did not bother at all cause well...he was home all day. {sheepish grin}

As for the drama that is the Moroccan Embassy in case any of you were wondering, G Unit got an unofficial, "Well if you can't get it, but can prove you tried, with countries like Morocco we understand..." So it's no longer dire to get this piece of paper from Morocco. Thank the gods. Hopefully this is our last interaction with Moroccan bureaucracy. fingers crossed 

Besides that I'm back on the Weight Watchers wagon. Some of my work pants are beginning to feel uncomfortably tight. Apparently eating dumplings, schnitzel and strudel to your heart's content isn't good for your waist line. Oh and let's not forget the fried cheese. Apparently that's not calorie free either. Go figure. The Farmer's Market here in Prague officially opened the location near our apartment last weekend.

View towards our Apartment from market

There's not much in the way of vegetables yet, but we should start seeing something in the next few weeks that will help us eat a bit healthier. That and G Unit not having all day to make home made tamales or lasagna. {sob} In the meantime we're making do with grocery store veggies and trying to eat better (read eat less cheese).

Ratatouille tonight!

Farmer's Market fish from last week - Healthy except for the fact that we covered it in broken beurre blanc sauce - Fail

My new resolution didn't stop me from buying this awesome smoked cheese from Slovakia called Ostiepok at the Farmer's market

Mmmm cheese

It's so yummy when you heat it up in a pan and let it get all soft and gooey and then place it on some fresh bread....num. My idea of heaven involves non stop food (read cheese and carbohydrates) with no repercussions. 

And on that note I will leave you with a memento (laugh) from St. Patrick's Day. Green teeth. And me finishing a book...in bed. A party animal I am.


Thanks for joining me for coffee today. I hope your past week has at least been as relaxing as mine if more interesting. Head over to Amy's for more virtual coffee.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. mmm all that food sounds amazing. i should get back on the ww wagon too...though i have no idea even how to begin with thai food. i do need to eat far less fried stuff and sweets though.

    good luck to G in his new job!

    and if you ever feel uninspired, feel free to continue talking about food. i never tire of talking/reading/thinking/dreaming about food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I thought cheese was a vegetable?! And I've always maintained that red licorice is a fruit. And a candy bar and a diet coke cancel each other out in the calorie world. I'm afraid I'm totally screwed when I go to Prague...I thought I'd lose weight. HAH.

    ReplyDelete