Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Coffee Time

If we were really meeting for coffee today I would be bounding over to you with a huge smile on my face because I was surprised by a package in the mail today.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday letting me know that a package waiting for me at the local post office. I decided to pick it up on my way home from work today. Side note: Can I mention that with all the packages we received off and on since Christmas time the gentleman behind the counter now recognizes me and speaks in English to me because he knows I don't speak Czech. And he does it with a smile. I don't know how the post office got such a bad wrap here in Czech Republic. I was terrified of it after hearing so many horror stories. But it's downright pleasant, especially after the scariness that is the Moroccan post office. In Morocco you either never get your packages or if you do they've been rifled through. And there is no semblance of a line at the Morocco post office (or at least when I went). And they have no concept of personal space. And there is not a woman in sight. INTIMIDATING. End side note.

So when my nice Czech Post Office worker brought over the package I noticed that the name on it was my friend's last name. My first thought was, "Kristen sent me something?" And then I noticed the address was not her address but the house she grew up in, "Why would Kristen put her parents address on the package?" And then I got closer and saw that the package declaration noted that the contents of the package were cookies. And then it clicked. The package wasn't from Kristen. It was from her mom, Eydie (and I'm betting Bob too), my Girl Scout troop leader. Girl Scout. Cookies.


Aww yeah. I walked home with a skip and a smile and wondering how I would hide a box from Kept Man to hoard all to myself. Not really. Kinda. He's a cookie monster.


And speaking of Kept Man. This past week has been more eventful for him than me. All of a sudden he's had two job opportunities pop up and 4 interviews in the last week. He just had the last one today. He seems to think he didn't do so well on one of the interviews, but I think he probably did just fine. He's very competent, intelligent, has a wonderful smile and I think gives a nice first and second impression. So we'll see. Hopefully he'll hear back from one or both opportunities in the next week or so.

He may not be a Kept Man for much longer. And while I'm very excited at the idea of him getting a job as I know that he has been very frustrated not working, I am already going into withdrawals at the thought as I have gotten very used to him being available for everything, being home when I get off of work and ahem, preparing my home cooked meals. It's back to oven pizzas if he gets on some wacky work schedule. Fingers crossed for him though even if it means I'll starve. Because obviously I've forgotten how to cook in the last year and a half.

And now I will probably stop rambling and ask how your week was? Did you do anything fun and exciting? Any new adventures? Anything planned for later this week? I myself have no plans for the rest of this week, except Irish Dancing, trying to find out if the farmer's market in town is starting this weekend and managing to post on this blog twice a week instead of once a week. Let's see if I succeed shall we. I need some inspiration. Or maybe just sunshine. Where are you spring?

And now it's time for me to put down my decaf cappuccino and head to bed. It's getting late and I have to get up early. It was nice catching up with you all. See you next week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl scout cookies! I bet that was a wonderful reminder of home! nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Girl Scout cookies. {nom nom nom nom}

    I'm pretty sure G needs to skip the whole "working" idea and remain a Kept Man forever. But if he MUST work, then I'll say congrats on the opportunities, I'm sure he did a smashing job and good luck!

    Me? I'll be starting Thai lessons tomorrow. Because I'm tired of trying so hard to understand/be understood. {sigh} At least it's an intermediate class so I can skip the boring basic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYONE should have a Girl Scout leader. For increase of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete