Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Motivational

Hello everybody! I can't believe another week has started. Now that we're really settled in Prague time seems to be flying by. This week (or perhaps just indefinitely for the the immediate future) I've decided that my intention should be

Restraint
There are limits to self-indulgence, none to restraint. - Ghandi

Mostly this is in reaction to the past few weeks which has seen G Unit and I stretch our bank account. Now that G Unit is working it has made it easier to lose the self restraint and splurge. While this has been fun it could easily get out of hand. Part of the reason we moved away from California was we knew that with the lower cost of living we would be able to save more on one salary than we ever could on two in the Bay Area.

There is also the fact that I'm entering week two of getting back on track with weight watchers. Remembering that a little restraint can go a long way I hope will help me get through the week and closer to my goal.

But I also want to focus on social interaction. Sometimes things pop out of my mouth before I really think about what they mean or how they could be interpreted, especially in a multicultural environment.  I don't think I've ever really offended anyone here but starting to feel comfortable here in Prague also means that I don't think through things as much as I maybe should.

So this week I'm hoping to focus on is the goals that I have set forth for both in the short term and the future. I also want to think about how my thoughts and actions can impact others. I want to think about what is important for down the road for the bigger picture rather than on the instant gratification of buying shiny new objects, trying the latest restaurant or saying whatever pops into my head.

1 comment:

  1. I need to practice restraint too. Both in money and in food. We keep having large, unexpected expenses that make it difficult to save {bleah}. We had those same visions of saving tons of money but so far it's only sort of working.

    And I don't know what it is, but for the past several weeks, I've been ALWAYS hungry. Like I can never get full. Don't know why that is, but I need to give whatever it is a major kick in the butt.

    Good luck finding restraint this week!

    ReplyDelete