Thursday, March 24, 2011

Zero or Nuala?

Did you know? Apparently Nuala in Czech means zero. Like in the number. Or lack of number. Seriously when you count it's nula, jeden, dva, tri.....

I'm not so good at coming up with new upset/worried faces

Is there an upside to this? I mean being known as zero. Well kinda. Everyone understands my name. I say Nuala and then they look at me a little funny, like stupid English speaking person doesn't realize I asked for her name and then I go, Nuala like zero. And I get a sly smile every time. Even with people smirking over the accidental czech translation of my name at least it's not being butchered and is recognizable. Even G Unit's started using my name for reservations cause zero is easier to get than Garren.

Will the level of meanings my Irish Gaelic name has ever end? I sure as hell hope not.

6 comments:

  1. HA HA! Man, sorry, that is funny. And I love the wall o'zero photos. I want this printed out and put on your wall in giant size, like a Warhol painting.

    Zero, you are my HERO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HWEE!. ditto everything kris said.

    also, how long did it take before you got clued in that was why they were sly smiling at you? because you've been in prague a while and this is the first your readers at home have heard of your Hero Zero status.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well {sheepish grin} I've actually known about this for a while. I kept MEANING to blog about it and then before I knew it tons of time had passed.

    I need new faces. I seem to only have one type of expression. But I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. That was the goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pictures. it makes me want to do something similar but i don't know how you string all the photos together into one photo big file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a setting on my camera. It's continuous 16 shot and it puts it all together. I do nothing. I just sit there and make funny faces for 10 seconds and then look at the results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe...the picture of that "sly grin" cracks me up. Love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete