Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Virtual Coffee

Family shout out
If we were really meeting for coffee today I'd invite you over as we just had the apartment cleaned today and it always looks so fresh after someone else has spruced it up. I am happily so spoiled.

So a week has passed and G Unit is still working. I think he's happy in the new job. It seems as if there is a lot to learn and I feel that can't be a bad thing in terms of experience. It may not be his end goal in terms of an employer or type of work but I don't think any experience is ever wasted.

I've been getting back into cooking with G Unit back at work. We're learning to share the kitchen. Or maybe it's taking turns. He's been used to doing things his way and he has become an amazing cook in the last two years, but previously before this whole grand adventure I was used to cooking my way with him asking my opinion when he cooked. Now we both have our own opinion. So far no one has died.

Work wise, this past week has been interesting for me. There is going to be some changes in the management above me. So there is a new boss on the horizon. Hopefully this will be a positive change, but change is always a little scary and uncertain.

For me personally there is a new work challenge. This is not definite yet, but I've been asked to help set up the reservation systems for a new sister property opening this summer.


Hells to the yes. I wanted to do a trip to the city of lights next month. Looks like work is going to pay for me to go for two weeks. fingers crossed. And it will be work but I'm hoping G Unit can join me for at least one weekend and the rest of the time I'll spend going to museums and pastry shops. Bye-bye weight watchers. Anyone want to hop on a plane and come see me?

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I am not moving. I know with Prague I went off for a few weeks and then stayed indefinitely, but they already have someone in my position at the new hotel. I'm just going to help. And gorge myself on pain au chocolat. Hopefully. I feel like I'm jinxing this by telling you all before tickets are bought.

News about this trip came when I was obsessing about my closet. I always feel so unfashionable, so blah. Yeah going to France is seriously not going to help that feeling of inadequacy. I have been saying for years want a personal shopper. I want someone to tell me what to buy and what I should be wearing with what. Ok I want a personal stylist AND a personal shopper. I've even asked my sister to send me things she thinks I should buy when she's shopping for herself. And I tried to see if I can find someone in Prague who does wardrobe consultations, like my friend Tracy. (Who I would so ask to re-haul my closet if I was back home.) I was that frustrated. Course I have this freakout at least twice a year but then when I realize how much clothing costs I back off again after buying a few things. Which I did when JCrew posted a 30% final sale. Hopefully after a few years of careful buying I might have a wardrobe I like. Nope. I still think I need help. One day. I bought these in case you were curious.

Dress of which I can use for work and play! Right?

Blazer of which I have none. Score.
If we were really meeting for coffee I would shut up now. I have a problem with babbling and I'd let you catch me up on your week while I finish the rest of my Tim Horton's coffee. Hey it's virtual coffee I can get anything I want, even if I do have to go all the way to Canada.

Finally I'd look at the clock and realize that it's getting late here in Prague and time for me to go to bed. I'm so glad to have this weekly chat and can't wait to see you all again next week!

Catch up with other Virtual Coffee posts at Amy's!

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the dress, very elegant.


    SO JEALOUS about Paris! Totally just went and looked at flights but the cheapest I found is $900 round trip. Sigh. We will just have to have virtual coffee, but while you are in Paris let's have virtual cafe au lait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so wish you were going to be in Paris this summer when I'm there! Take lots of pictures and if you learn of any amazing bars, restaurants, shopping, etc LET ME KNOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i desperately need some new t-shirts. i hate all but 1 of mine. and i just bought it in portland 2 months ago. heh. but i don't really want a personal shopper or stylist. i like my style. i like yours too. you always look put together and mature. i generally look quirky. but i like that about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Paris?! I'm so jealous and I wish I could come too!

    Heh. I had no idea you felt that way about clothes. You always look stylish and pulled together to me. I love that dress and blazer! I feel very fashion challenged here in Thailand. Nothing fits right because I'm not a size 00 and most of Thai fashion never seems to have left the 80's. I love the 80's for Smurfs and Care Bears...not so much for fashion.

    I miss Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know I look stylish and put together even though I feel like a frump. I do ok with work, it's when I'm off work where I feel like I'm always in the same old jeans and tshirt. I love the way you dress Michele, and I wish I was confident enough to pull off your outfits.

    And I can never pull off Anthropologie either. I love their clothes but I always feel like I'm not cool enough to pull them off. You should see if they ship Jade. Or make family memebers ship it to you. It's what I'm making my sister do for me. :)

    Maybe the flight pricing will come down, last minute like to Paris. Keep an eye out! Or I'll just take lots of pictures and you can all feel like you're here.

    And I'll offer suggestions of things to do in Paris but if anyone else knows some things to do it would also be appreciated before I go....if I go. No counting chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and you haven't even seen some of my more recent ones! i got purple tights! PURPLE!

    ReplyDelete