Friday, July 17, 2009

Married? Check.


Well we're married. No more rambling rants on the blog about how I'm freaking out about a dress or the details...or well really it was only the dress. From now on only freaking out about moving to Morocco!

I am currently on hold waiting to make sure that paper bills are sent from PG&E instead of electronic so my sister and Erik can pay their electric bill. I've managed to cancel comcast, figure out how to make paper payments for the car, email the movers and email about baggage storage in Paris. I still have many things to do and my phone died, but I feel like I've made some progress.

As you can tell it's back to reality. No gushing about the wedding here, but really it was a beautiful day. Garren and I were insanely happy and overwhelmed and felt so loved by everyone. It was as wonderful if not more so than we imagined and exactly what we wanted. I did have a minor freak out the night before the wedding. I think it was more a freak out about what happens after the wedding (ahem moving across the globe) rather than marrying Garren. I woke poor Garren up and he sleepily calmed me down. But the day of the wedding I felt relaxed, had a great time getting ready and was insanely happy the rest of the day running throughout the rest of the week. So having a husband pretty great so far, although really I don't feel that much different from before. He's still my boy and I'm still his girl just on paper now too.

A few shout outs are in order.

1. Mitchell at the rest of the Bouchon staff. They were amazing and gracious as always. The patio was romantic and the food spectacular. The fact that we blew most of our budget on the food and wine totally worth it and completely us.

2. Brian of BB Photography. I cannot wait to see the photos. He handled all our crazy friends and family with humor and put up with Garren and I and our lack of comfort in front of the camera. We are so lucky to have had him take our photos.

3. Princess Lasertron for my vintage button bouquet. I may have put it together but she provided the materials and the inspiration. People were dubious when I first mentioned what I was doing for flowers but they were a huge hit at the wedding. If you think my crappy version of a bouquet was nice you should see her custom orders. Spectacular!

4. My ladies in SB. Kelly and Andrea at Mishay Salon and Por Vida Skin Care. They made me look fantabulous and it was wonderful to see them again after having moved away. I wouldn't have looked so wonderful in the photos without them.

5. To the best gag gift ever. John, Josh and Emily the snuggies were pure genius. We promise to take a picture the first time we use them. So excited. Also Mr. Kool-Aid has already threatened to kill me if I use his snuggy by mistake.

6. To my girls (at the wedding or not) who all put up with my freak outs and wedding stress out moments and who were all so excited for me. You mean the world to me and I'm so lucky to have you all in my life.


7. To Jade, Toby and Alex who pitched in and brought champagne, coolers, glasses and helped organize photo taking. You took the little things off my mind which helped me relax. Thank you again.

8. Last but not least to Lindsay for helping us to create our ceremony and marrying us. It would not have been the same with anyone else there in front of us.
And now I'm done. No more gushing. No more sappy love stuff. Need to charge the phone, go run some errands, make some more calls, and pick up our new computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment