Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On to Step 2


I just had the interview. It was a more of a chat really. He was nice enough to speak in English with me. I was very up front that my French is rusty. We didn't a little portion in French. He could tell it was in there somewhere but that it needed some refreshing. I assured him that if this was to move forward that I would be taking classes prior to my arrival and probably afterwards as well. He assured me that the hotel will be very international. He says French is the common language but that he speaks French with some, German with others and English with someone else. And the man is Italian too! Good god that's a lot of languages.

Mostly he asked if I had questions and I was able to get some of my outstanding concerns put to rest. It sounds as if they have already hired quite a few women for the other management positions including the Front Office Manager, PR Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing and two of them are single women around my age. This makes me feel much more comfortable about moving there, because if they can do it, I SOOO can do it with my man along for the ride. Also I found out that there will be complimentary transportation for the employees to the resort so I will not have to buy a car which is a plus.

So there it is. One interview down, 3 more to go apparently. I have to speak with the Corporate Director of Revenue, Director of Sales and Marketing (once they are officially hired) and lastly the GM. So I should have MORE interviews to freak about about for next week. He did tell me that we should know definitely one way or the other by the end of this month and ballpark start date would by June/July.

In the meantime more movies to be watched in French. I will be moving onto a classic French Summer film of Rocky IV and for slang purposes 40 Year old Virgin after finishing Aladdin and The Incredibles.

5 comments:

  1. yay! i'm so glad it went well! and if you're here in June or July you should come visit me! or i'll come visit you before i go back home! What was the conversation in French? just hi/how are you stuff or was it more than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than that. He asked what I thought my biggest challenge in Morocco would be and I stubbled through explaining that speaking on the phone in French is something I find daunting right now and challenging since it invovles buisiness speak and not being able to see the person which I am not used to while speaking French. Except it was much more horrible than that in FRENCH. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, conversations in french on the phone still scare me! but - yay! you did good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eee! Good job. So brave. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot! i'm sure you were great. even in french.

    ReplyDelete