Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here we go


Interview scheduled for Tuesday, April 7th at 8:30am. Not with the GM but the Rooms Division Manger who I hear is nice. But I might also have to interview with the GM if I pass this interview. Who knows? ughh.

Oh boy. My sister had a great suggestion of watching my favorite movies dubbed in French to help get me listening to French more regularly. I think it's a great idea. So that is probably what I'm going to be doing all week. That and having Garren make me speak in French to him if I want anything. NO EXCUSES!

I am feeling a bit more relaxed at least about this whole thing. I've realized that if they decide not to hire me, it's ok. I'll be disappointed sure but I really am VERY happy here in SF right now and the idea of not having to pack up all my stuff, my cats, and move somewhere uber foreign with insane new challenges is ok. I do not have to be ashamed of being happy with the same old routine.

So Tuesday, 8:30am. Think good thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. eeeee!!!! whether you get it or not, i think it's awesome that you tried. nor do i have any problem with your love of the familiar. things are nice as they are sometimes. why mess with it? still, if you do get the job, i will totally visit you and make the unfamiliar familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'll send you some french phrases this weekend and whatever happens, happens! Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! They will not know what hit them.

    You could watch a little Amelie, too. Get yourself in a French mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. on saturday we should converse only in french about fast and furious 4. one comment i am sure of: "zut alors! c'est une voiture rapide, non? oo la la, vin diesel...(mwah)."

    ReplyDelete