Monday, January 10, 2011

Movement



I'm not sure if it's because of the New Year or if I finally feel settled enough to pursue a hobby or perhaps it's just because my foot no longer hurts and has been confirmed to not be broken but this past week I:

  1. Bought passes to attend to Yoga classes to try out a studio
  2. Emailed about and then attended an Irish Dancing class
I don't know how long this new motivation is going to last. It's already been put to the test. I had grand plans to attend Irish Dancing class on Friday and then Yoga on Sunday to stretch myself out. Yeah uh-huh. Too bad I'm so out of shape that I could barely move all weekend. 

I have an insanely wonderful husband who massaged my legs Saturday morning. He made fun of me the rest of the weekend for my old lady shuffling around the apartment and constant moans but I forgive him because he started with the massage.

Irish Dancing class was actually great. Everyone is Czech but the teachers speak English and not speaking Czech gives me the excuse to not make chit chat with anyone. I am so anti social. I'm going to make it a weekly thing. Here's hoping my legs get used to it and my motivation lasts. I must have made my mom bring the Irish Dancing shoes from California to Canada for some reason besides taking space in my closet, right?

Next weekend I'll try for Yoga too. Hopefully I won't be moaning in pain after that just as badly. I don't like my body reminding me that I'm not 15 anymore.

2 comments:

  1. {sigh} I need to get on with that too. It's been shamefully long since I've done yoga. Sorry for the soreness! I'm sure it'll get easier after just another session or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous. i haven't done class yoga since 2001 (on my own with a video doesn't really count). keep up the good work, old lady. =)

    ReplyDelete