Thursday, January 20, 2011

Grin

It is a commonly known fact that Kept Man hates my mug collection. He thinks it is crazy that we have so many mugs and never use them and that we have dragged them halfway around the globe. I however challenge him to pick one that does not have a specific memory for me. And I'll have it noted in the official blog/internet record that I have gotten rid of quite a few mugs and those that are left are just the must haves. It's not my fault my family remembered vacations and memorable events via mugs. Not t-shirts, mugs. I am a product of my environment. Or my mother's excessive tea drinking. You decide.

The one he dislikes the most is my Cheshire Cat mug from the Disney Store because it's so huge and takes up so much space. But I can't possibly get rid of it. It was a going away gift when I left the Cheshire Cat Inn in Santa Barbara. Memories man.

So upon hearing how cumbersome my mug was again when it finally showed up in Prague I decided to get it out of the house and bring it to work. And while my brilliant mug was under-appreciated by Kept Man it has been praised, remarked upon and a cause of a lot of smiles at work.

Vindication! I'm never getting rid of this mug.

As a side note as I was typing this Kept Man asked what I was blogging about and I said, "My mug" and he said, "Your mug. Your ugly mug?"

So for the record; Suck on it Kept Man. Everyone loves my mug. And by my mug I also mean my face.


3 comments:

  1. You are aware that they are smiling and laughing AT you. Not with you. They are thinking... "Hloupá američanka." Loooove you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think your Cheshire cat's grin looks very similar to the Kept Man's "smirk". Deal with it Garren, I think the mug is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I too have an enormous Cheshire Cat coffee bucket, though mine looks a little different. Every time we go to Disneyland Gene buys me a mug as we're leaving the park. It is most exciting for me. Mugs are important, Garren. Caffeine must be conveyed to my face!

    ReplyDelete