Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter in Prague

So I wanted to share a picturesque view of Prague in the Winter. Snow on the hill, big fluffy flakes falling slowly in the foreground. You know the ideal winter, where it's so pretty you can't possibly be cold. I had that view before Christmas and I was ok with the cold weather because it was the holidays. But I never seemed to have my camera with me. sigh.

Well since after Christmas we had a bit of a warm spell. And by warm spell I'm mean in the 50s (California cold!) so all the snow melted and not a smidgen of snow in site.


I took the above picture on a foggy morning a week or two ago as I thought it would do in place of a picturesque hillside full of snow. Didn't know we had fog in Prague did you? And then I procrastinated, hoping that snow would show up, but also hoping that it wouldn't.

And then the past week just when I thought we were getting closer to spring (wishful thinking, I know) the temperature dropped and it snowed overnight. I should have taken a picture while I was on the tram the next morning. We were passing by the park and all the trees had a fresh layer of snow and it was still all fluffy and pristine on the hillside. So pretty. But I'm always self-conscious taking photos. I don't like looking like a tourist especially on my morning commute. So I took this picture instead after I got off the tram walking to work.


It was snowing while I took this picture but there are no fluffy snowflakes apparent in the photo. Probably didn't use a slow enough shutter speed or something. Use your imagination instead. Are you cold yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment