Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Santa Barbara Connections


About a week ago Garren and I went to Wood Tavern. Suprise, Suprise. As they came over with Garren's beer (before ordering it) we told them all that we were engaged. They were all happy for us and it was a great booze filled evening.

The best part is that we found out that our favorite bartender (Tony) was one of the owners of the Doghouse (Hot dog stand) that we LOVED in Santa Barbara. When it closed Garren and I were so disappointed. They later opened a place on State Street called Lettuce B Frank but it wasn't the same. Still good but a little bit different. While we were reminiscing with Tony we discovered that he does catering from time to time. Can you imagine? Our BBQ reception that we were thinking of having up at Tilden Park with mini-corn dogs, sliders and gourmet hot dogs. And I'm sure other things that are very bad for my waistline. It is so me and Garren. And so something we would love to do. No classy shin dig for us. More a picnic BBQ with games, fatty foods and sunbathing.

It probably won't happen what with the time crunch that is imminent with this whole move thing, but that's ok. It was a great thought. Either way it was fun discussing SB and the restaurant scene with Tony. Although sad that the Doghouse closed due to outside circumstances. But I may get a Doghouse tshirt as a memento! Silver lining people. Silver lining.

4 comments:

  1. What? Really? SB had a hot dog stand and I never knew about this?? Where was I? :(
    And hey, your wedding is YOUR wedding. It should be exactly what you want it to be. Everything else be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If fatty foods are wrong I don't wanna be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...so is the move definite??? contract signed??? when? wedding??? when???? details, lady, I need details!!!!

    :) Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do need to write another post. No contract signed. still waiting. No start date mentioned either. We're hoping the opening is delayed so that I don't have to start until August/Sept. So most likely wedding will be July/August. keep you calendar open. :)

    ReplyDelete