Thursday, May 21, 2009

No word


As I have been receiving emails and phone calls as to what the hell is going on with Morocco, here is the update:

Nothing. I got an email saying that I should receive the contract shortly, but that was 2 days ago. From what I've been able to gather through my limited contacts it sounds like the opening has been pushed back (although when I asked during the phone conversation the question was avoided) and I get the feeling they're waiting to send the contract unil they can put down a definite start date.

So as soon as I know anything you'll all know something, but fingers crossed the hotel opening is being delayed so that I won't have to start until August/September as opposed to July. Garren and I are not really down with July considering how soon it is.

If they don't get back to me by tomorrow though we may not know anything until the first week of June. Garren and I are going up to Shasta Lake next week for a house boating trip and email access is not an option. (They've been stalling for 3 weeks now, I feel fine stalling my decision for a week while I relax) With all the stress of this whole process, the waiting, the thoughts of moving across the world to a culture I know will cause culture shock, etc we are both REALLY looking forward to spending time with our friends, drinking and laying in the sun like lizards. Then I can come home check my email and see if they've decided anything.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

3 comments:

  1. ::sigh:: what a frustration! but at least you get a vacation! are you and garren still thinking of coming down to SB next week sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately no. The plan had been to do both. Go to SB and then go houseboating but Garren's work didn't give him the exact dates he needed and when push came to shove Garren really wanted to go up to Shasta Lake (I did too) so that's what we decided on. Don't worry though a trip to SB will happen before any possible move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no worries. we look forward to seeing you soon tho! hugs

    ReplyDelete