Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Drama Queen

My aunt is back in the States. Mom got an email yesterday and a phone call today. For those who don't' know this is my father's sister and to say she's a handful would be an understatement. The last time she was here I wrote a blog post which you can find here.

My mom has already tried to feel me out to see if I'll go see her and I've already declined. Multiple times. I just re-read my post from the last time she was here and really I feel no inclination to see her. She is a master of manipulations and I refuse to be manipulated anymore. Can't do it if I don't show up.

She's here for something. It's not to connect as a family. It's because she wants something. And since the last time I saw her there as been no communication. None. Except in the signing of legal papers. Through lawyers. Why randomly show up? Why even bother? It's not like she makes any effort in the years in between her random last minute pop ups. Frankly it's annoying. And if she's here for what I think she's here for, she needs to talk with Ady, because I have vowed to leave the decision making on this particular issue to her. Ady is not here. Ady is in France. Where my aunt came from. Which my aunt knows about. Uber manipulation. ugh.

Garren has volunteered to go with mom. Best fiance EVER. (I think that is the first time I wrote/said fiance regarding Garren!) Totally offering support to mom when I just can't deal. And apparently Erik's willing to go if he's back in town in time. He's curious about the legend that is my aunt. I think mom should take both of her future sons-in-law. They can't be manipulated and will only defend mom and us. The woman would probably still find some way to have it work to her advantage. sigh.

6 comments:

  1. I think she's scared of me. She knows I'm enough like Dad to tell her to f*** off. So she goes after you two...manipulation tactic number one. I would love to see her face if Mom walked in there with her two sons in law. No blood relatives in sight. Just people who have married into said crazy family. That's love. Don't go see her. It's not worth it. She knows where she can find me, Lyon is a lot closer to Dax than San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's partially that she's scared of Ady and that she knows she's not going to get what she wants from Ady. Her powers of manipulation are useless. God, I'd love to meet this woman. She's so infamous! Send my love and strength to Mom! Bless her for even agreeing to placate her and meet with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! oh man, i hope both erik and garren go. that would be awesome. i HAVE met this woman, and she is pretty awful. at the same time, sometimes when i'm driving and i want a slow person to get out of my way i consider pulling a tactic i experienced during her driving us around in france: tailgate extremely close, flash brights, AND honk. REPEATEDLY. most belligerent driving i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot about her crazy driving. And it is as crazy as Michele remembers. Oh the flashing high beams. SO RUDE. SO FRENCH. While I do believe she is a manipulative person she at times can have a big heart and I don't think she means to be a bitch, it just happens.

    Either way I'm not going to see her but I would pay to watch her and Ady throw down and to see her face if she met the boys with no mansard girls in sight. freaking classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like a good decision for you not to go. i think with such people, self-preservation is the first priority. although, from what i've heard of this woman, i would gladly pay to see what the future son-in-laws do with her. :)
    and maybe there is some comfort in the fact that you are healing and moving on, while she is too emotionally immature to do so (as evidenced by manipulation), and ultimately she is the one burdening herself with pain because she chooses to wallow and be bitter and point fingers rather than finding a way to come to terms with what happened. meanwhile you have shown incredible strength and grace--and now have many happier things to think about! like planning a wedding!
    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. at her core, she's a really good person. She's just so painfully selfish and emotionally stunted at this point that its been buried. So much so that it is just not worth digging up. If she wants a thrown down I'll give her one. But I'm not going to her, I'm not the one with the agenda.

    ReplyDelete