Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Depressed

I just finished watching the Battlestar Galactica finale. My show is over. And I'm sad. There's a movie in the fall (from the cylon perspective!) and a new series by the same creators next year probably, but it won't be the same. 

Plus not all of my questions were answered. (like they promised) What is Kara? Was her father a cylon? And she disappears at the end and leave Lee all alone! I suppose the point being they were never meant to be. Maybe?!

I'm not saying it was bad. It was good. I still LOVE Baltar. As always his moments were my favorite. Especially with Caprica Six. That made me happy. And their alter egos. I like them too. But so many of the other characters had a sad ending. After everything the characters had been through to get where they are they all separate in the end. Many of them are alone. I find that depressing.

So I still love the series. I will probably frequently watch them again and that's saying a lot for me. I have to really love something to watch it again and not be bored. Maybe re-watching the last season will give me a better perspective about the last episode. Maybe knowing it was the last one and not wanting it to be over made it more depressing. Maybe watching the last season over and knowing what will happen will make the final 15 minutes more palatable to me. 

There are some answers from the creators here, which answers some of my questions above, but even with some answers I'm still sad. It's over and now I will stop babbling about it.

2 comments:

  1. My boss and I have a theory about what Kara is. It links BSG to the Caprica spinoff. Without saying too much, remember that Ellen made a vague reference to someone named Daniel. The name of Eric Stoltz' character in Caprica is Daniel. We're thinking that can't be a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting....but Caprica is supposed to be before the 1st cylon war not after right? And Ellen and everyone didn't reach the centurions to agree to help them until after the start of the war, so daniel would have been created after the end of the 1st cylon war.....

    I totally thought that daniel was kara's dad though, apparently it was a ploy by the writers. whatever.

    ReplyDelete