Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I want to move where?


So I have not mentioned anything more about Marrakesh because there was nothing to talk about. No word on the work front and I kinda refused to think about it until something happened. And that caused me to be really relaxed and calm about it.

Well nothing really happened but apparently my boss spoke with the Regional European Director yesterday and I'm to get a call.....soon. Now it seems real again. And I'm freaking out. I mean Africa. Having to speak and READ French every day. And what about my cats. Will they freak out? What if they run away? What if I lose them? I will never forgive myself. And the culture shock. I mean were not talking Europe here. We're talking Africa, an Arabic country. And me a tiny white western girl.
During my freak out this morning I located a few blogs of Europeans/Americans living in Morocco. I found this one of an Irish woman and her husband who lived in Marrakesh for a year. That gave me hope but at the same time some of her descriptions of living there freaked me out as well. Not anything overtly bad just uncomforable senarios that I do not have to deal with here in my safe western metropolis. And she didn't seem to work which you know seems easier to me a little. No outside work stress.

Oh god. Am I crazy to even consider this?

No comments:

Post a Comment