Friday, May 6, 2011

Every kid's dream

I had gelato for dinner tonight. I can because I'm in Paris and I said so.

After having drinks with my Parisian counterpart earlier this evening I headed back to my hotel to drop off my stuff and change. I decided to head out and walk around the city just to finally get a chance to see it. On the way I picked up a pasta salad at the grocery story in case I got hungry. I have vouchers to eat at a few cafes but it was 9:30 and I wanted to try to see the city.

So I headed over to the Louvre, stared at the pyramid and then headed up along the Siene and crossed over the "party bridge" or Pont des Arts. There were, as always, people picnicing on the bridge as well as along the Siene all the way up to Notre Dame. I crossed over the river again after pausing to view the Cathedral and then started making my way back towards the Louvre.

I somehow ended up in Le Marais or perhaps just the start of it. I had no idea where I was but I heard some guy mention Le Marais and my ears perked up as it's where my sister is going to be living this summer. Or in the general vecinity anyways. Lots of bars, sister of mine and lots of gay men. I'm sure you'll have a grand old time.

As I was wandering by all the bars, pubs and cafes I passed Gelati d'Alberto and couldn't resist. It has been so long and I'm sorry to say there's no real good ice cream in Prague. There is some ok ice cream but not gelato. So I got my stracciatella and coffee flower shaped ice cream and enjoyed the walk home. Bliss. I managed to find my way back without a map. G Unit thinks I have no sense of direction but the truth is I do, just not when he's around as it is easier to rely on him.

Tomorrow's agenda? Catch up with a friend and maybe do a little shopping and Sunday I may head to Versaille. We'll see. I'll be sure to let you know how it all turns out.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fitting place to mention that for whatever reason, there are several really fantastic gelaterias in Chiang Mai. Go figure. One even has Ferrero Rocher gelato...

    We'd share if we could ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not like that Ferrero Rocher gelato. we have it here as we have everything here because this is america. but i do not like it. i was at a place with gelato last night too but it was freezing so i had hot tea instead. annnnnd that's my story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good story michele. pat on the back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gay men and cocktails - my ideal neighborhood! this summer is gonna be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BS (your supposed sense of direction). BS (michele, give the guy a break. He's in bloody southeast asia and talking about luxurious gelato). I still love you both. And toby a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I just spelled her name with one 'L'. What is this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not BS! I have a sense of direction! You're just easier to use than a map

    ReplyDelete