Sunday, May 29, 2011

Calling my name

G Unit and I went to the Prague Food Festival today. It was a glorious day. Sun, big fluffy white clouds, a nice breeze, food, booze and a lovely park setting. What more could a girl ask for?

An opportunity to wear my new dress from Paris! Funny story about this dress. Or maybe just a typical story. Every morning when I was in Paris I walked by a little store called Vincenzo on Rue des Petits Champs and a little dress in the window called my name. I stopped, I stared. I checked the opening and closing times. Not open on Saturdays?! I continued walking thinking I'll make it out of work early today. I'll stop by before they close. And then every evening after staying late at work I walked back to the hotel and looked in all the windows of the closed shops. And every night the little dress in the window taunted me. Just stared me in the face claiming I'd never be able to buy it.

So one of my last days in Paris I skipped out on lunch and told my colleagues I had to go see about a dress. There were of course a few other dresses calling my name but I ended up with the one that was in the window. And look how happy it makes me.


Or maybe that's the ice cream.

Or the shoes. I bought those in Paris too. At a store called Minelli. I'm all sorts of coordinated today


Or maybe it's just the company



And the best part of said Food Festival. They sent us packing with a six pack of beer. Yeah. It was a good day. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! Wish I were there...That is an adorable dress too, by the way. Me? I think I gotta' go see about a purse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a super cute dress. i love that neckline on you. and it looks so happy and fun and sunny and smiley where you are. probably mostly because you look those things. i wish i was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Perfect summer dress. And even better because you bought it in springtime in Paris.

    ReplyDelete