Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Breath and a Word About Macaroons

G Unit's parents left us for Poland yesterday. While I can say that it was a joy to have them for the week G Unit and I just about died from the joy of sleeping in our bed last night.

But not to worry the Fishers are back in a week and then we're all off to Vienna and then back to Prague and then off to France for the Fishers and off to Italy for the Mansard-Fishers. Can you tell we're not hibernating anymore?

Speaking of France. Shortly before I left for Paris a friend mentioned she was jealous at all the macaroons I would be able to eat. "I forgot about the macaroons" I declared. But after that it was the only thing I could think about.

I had read about Laduree before arriving and on multiple occasions I was asked by my fellow co-workers if I had made it there yet. Cause it was around the corner and if I liked macaroons well..... I assured them it was on my list but with the late nights at the office the first opportunity I had to go was shortly before G Unit arrived on my last working day. But even before I stepped foot to go towards the shop my colleagues surprised me with my very own box of Laduree macaroons. One of the best gifts ever.



G Unit and I were in heaven all weekend. I hogged the raspberry ones but generously let him have the pistachio ones and split the caramel ones with him evenly. We tried to go to the store over the weekend but it was overrun with tourists. Probably good for my waist line but sad for my taste buds.

Just writing about them right now is making me reveal over the gooey filling and soft crisp egg white almond cookie outside. I'm going through macaroon withdrawal. So if you find yourself in Paris or in some fancy pastry store that sells them. Eat one for me.

I'm heading back to Paris before the end of the year to eat more Parisian food in general and my weight in macaroons.

3 comments:

  1. they're opening a Laudree store in NYC! :) on the upper east side of course. so now you can get them when you visit me in Paris or NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post - I had a go at making macaroons recently. SLightly nightmarish trying to find the 'right' type of almond flour in Prague. where did I find it in the end - tescos! definitely worth a go if you're keen on baking - remarkably satisfying, hubby loved it and I felt very French!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you come home, i'll make you macaroons.

    ReplyDelete