Friday, April 22, 2011

Delayed Coffee

So this past week has been kinda hellish so thanks for re-scheduling coffee with me.

I had a bad work experience last week and it kinda threw me for a loop as these things do. The week has slowly gotten better and with the weather turning absolutely gorgeous today I'm feeling more positive again. I'm hoping to make up for my silence with some more posts this weekend since G Unit and I both have three whole days off because of Easter. I like this holiday. It should be celebrated with a day off back in the States too. Stupid separation between church and state. Wait why is Christmas a holiday then? I don't get it.

There's not much to catch you up on in regards to my week besides the crappy work part, which really dominated my whole outlook unfortunately. I did manage to raise my head from my book while nesting in bed to go to brunch with G Unit. As many of you know we love weekend brunch. It was my favorite thing when we lived in Berkeley to head to La Note or Rick and Ann's. Prague is a little behind on the whole brunch experience. We've tried Cafe Savoy which G Unit finds a bit too high class in the clientele, so when he heard about a new french cafe across the river from us we decided to try. And I'm glad we did. I still like Cafe Savoy but Cafe Amadine is closer, less crowded and a more relaxed atmosphere. Oh and the coffee is great. I meant to take a picture of my latte for this post, you know for vitual coffee, but of course I forgot to bring the camera. But here is a picture of their display case instead. Mmmmm pastries.


While Cafe Amadine cannot live up to my memories of potato pancakes at Rick and Ann's or creme fresh pancakes and raspberry jam at La Note it does have pan perdu, croissants, tartines, croque monsieur and pan au chocolat and various tartes I have not yet dared to try. It will do just fine thank you. Plus they are not afraid to be bold and I love their green and pink signs. So anyone want to come by some Sunday for brunch? I hate that you are all so far away. It's the one of the really sucky things of living in Europe.

But what is going on with all of you? How is the weather in your neck of the woods? Are you doing anything fun this weekend. We only just found out that G Unit actually does have Monday off so I think we're going to try to do a day trip somewhere. It's a little last minute so we'll see.

I have to finish my coffee now. G Unit's co-workers are due here for dinner any minute. He is of course cooking up a storm. Risotto, chicken and I made no-bake mini vanilla cheesecakes. I hope they work out. I'll let you know and maybe take a picture or two. If I can sneak one in without anyone thinking I'm weird. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I missed you. I was listening to DMB yesterday and thinking about you.

    This weekend I am having some girls over for a Bollywood night (see, miss you AGAIN), and meeting with our landscaper to see what ideas she has for the yard and going over to the Chalmers' for Easter hangouts. Not as exciting as a weekend trip through Europe, but still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm the weather is kind of gray again today. i've been baking a lot (too much? maybe). my tomato plants have yellow flowers. i talked to long-hai wednesday. i too have Indian night and chalmers' crepes, basket hunt (christine is going hella crafty), and wine tasting this weekend. i am pretty excited about these events.

    hope your dinner party was fun!

    ReplyDelete