Monday, April 18, 2011

Braiding!

Last week when I posted pictures of the zoo I was too tired to point out my hair. I always love having my hair braided but I've never been able to do it myself. I practically attack Michele every time we're around each other for more than a few hours and make her do my hair. And I love having long hair but the reason I usually chop it all off after I grow it out is because I don't know what to do with it besides put it up in a ponytail. Or a bun or a hair clip. Boring. Previously I was always frustrated when I tried to braid. I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing with the different pieces and it always looked wrong. 

But then Tracy posted a link to B Jones Style hair tutorials and it was like a light bulb went on. So I started practicing. This was my first success after a few attempts. 

Pippi Longstocking
Look at that - braids on the top of my head

This shows my mad braiding skills even better
Then later I tried out the bun in the back
instead of braids down the side

I'm still trying to perfect it as I'm still a bit of a novice but it's working out if I do say so myself. Score!

4 comments:

  1. i feel down-sized. but you are doing a great job. i like the braid/bun style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! you can do mine next time i see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I love the braid with the bun. And now I'm wishing my hair was longer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michele - You do realize I'm lazy right? So when we are in the same vicinity I will still attack you to do my hair.

    ReplyDelete