Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bastille Day

**Begin sappiness**



A year ago today I said, "I do" to Kept Man. It was the most perfect day shared with family and friends and I think back on it often knowing that it was everything I could have wanted and that he is everything I will ever want.

While our wedding day was as close to perfect as possible our first year of marriage has been less than stellar logistically. A move to Morocco, lack of work and stability, separation, and a general feeling of uncertainty about where we will end up has lead to a frustrating year abroad as newlyweds. Despite all that we still adore each other, (At least I do. I hope he does.) and while we miss our friends and family I think that our first year of marriage alone in a foreign country together has been good for us. You might think that a couple would get sick of each other in a new country with a small and/or non existent social circle, but I find that it has made us appreciate what we have together. Shared jokes, frustrations, discovering a new culture, forging new friendships, and various travels together and apart make us realize that we both have the one person who knows us the best and that in itself is amazing, but it is also a huge comfort in a new place filled with changes.

So while we are sadly separated on our first anniversary, I can't wait to see what another year with my amazing husband will bring with us together, settled and happy in one place. Happy Anniversary Hon! Here's to year 2. I love you.

**End sappiness.**

3 comments:

  1. Word. I won't air my sappiness in public... and enough out of you. You know how I feel about you! I love you and happy first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you guys are cute! :) Congratulations on your first year of marriage! Happy anniversary and many happy wishes for more to come! Hopefully spent in the same town in future. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute :) happy (late) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete