Saturday, July 31, 2010

I hear you Danny Glover

Went on a little outing last night to La Bodeguita del Medio. It's a popular cuban bar near Old Town Square with live music on the weekends and salsa dancers to watch. The music is great as are the mojitos and daiquiri and if you're looking for a lively evening in Prague I would recommend it.

But at the same time last night was a strange echo of evenings spent at Santa Barbara bars with Krista or Courtney in tow where party buckets full of booze and long straws could be seen at other tables. While there were no party buckets there were 'classier' fish blow size mojitos at various tables with long straws. And while the crowd was not 20 something college students everyone there was pretty much acting as if they were. I was constantly looking around myself last night and laughing at how people don't change. At any age group people who are out looking for a good time basically all act the same way. Age is not a defining factor for stupidity.

So while I had a good time, next time I think I'll enjoy the music, dancing and drinks but leave an hour or two earlier because I am not interested in doing the things I did in my twenties. Namely drinking too much and staying up too late. And today in old lady fashion you probably think I'm displaying, I'm going to dinner and a movie to be in bed at a reasonable hour to get my beauty sleep.

12 comments:

  1. hee, just saw lethal weapon for the first time. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you discover these things years later. It must be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, yes. And I STILL haven't seen Top Gun, so I have that ahead of me. (But I have ridden the ride many times -- that counts, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. Top Gun. Pretty spectacularly bad in a good way. So dramatic! And with Anthony Edwards! And Val Kilmer! And Meg Ryan. Oh. So much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, is not. is kelly mcgillis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Meg Ryan is in the movie as Goose's wife. Very brief appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh come on. That's not that bad for movie-reference-nerdology. Meg Ryan in Top Gun is old news. Becoming a lifelong loyal fan of the illustrious Tom Skerritt (pre-poison ivy)... that's nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fact that you know he is in Poison Ivy...that's nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop arguing, you two! You're BOTH giant nerds.

    love,
    nerd3

    ReplyDelete