Friday, October 16, 2009

Stupid Oy-vey Procedures

I hate SOPs. For those who are scratching their heads : Standard Operating Procedure. They suck and there are no set SOPs for the hotel group. Nope each hotel has their own. So I’m starting from scratch. The last one I just did took me 2 hours. And it probably still isn’t detailed enough. Although maybe I’m just being anal. Most of the other SOPs I’ve seen from the other Reservations Departments are not this detailed. Maybe I’m worrying too much. I mean really who’s going to look at them? After the initial training they’ll probably never be referenced again. I have to force myself to do them. They always feel like a colossal waste of time. Although I suppose it is good that they get me to think about how I want things in the Department to work and to confirm procedures with other Departments. However, without the Reservations System in place I also have to guess on some things and remember to update the SOP when I have the system to make sure the procedure works. Sigh.

I’m going to try to do another one now. Slowly but surely my done list is getting closer to being completed. Stupid SOPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment