Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mini Break

Garren and I are going to Spain next week. It’s a holiday here in Morocco on the 6th (Fête de la marche verte) and I’m taking advantage of the long weekend and even taking an extra day to boot! Garren the lucky duck is taking a whole week to explore Spain or wherever he decides his travels will take him.

While I’m excited to spend some time with my husband somewhere else besides our apartment is it weird that I’m not really that excited about going to Spain? Specifically Seville for any of you wondering.

I think I would be more excited if I wasn’t worried more about the hassle.
  1. I don’t speak Spanish which makes me uncomfortable
  2. I’m returning to Morocco on my own, which means
    a. I have to go through customs on my own
    b. I have to deal with the thieving taxi drivers on my own at the airport and probably get screwed on the cab fare home
  3. I know nothing about Seville and have had no time to do any research
I know all of you back home are going Spain! For the weekend! Quit complaining. So on the brighter side:
  1. The cost of the ticket was $43 round trip
  2. I’m going to eat Tapas until I burst
  3. Tapas + Beer is even better!
  4. Flamenco show
  5. Roman Ruins
  6. Exploring a new city with my hubby
And if any of you are screaming at your computers at my lack of enthusiasm and have some ideas about what we should do, let me know. I’d love to hear it.

6 comments:

  1. Get more excited silly woman! Its Spain!!! They're all super nice there so as long as you brush up on the basics they'll help you. And you speak French. Between English, French, and baby Spanish you will do just fine. And just put your game face on when you get back to Morocco. Be the crazy bitch they don't want to deal with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus you're from California and I'm pretty sure some Spanish is bred into us. At least we can order food, no? :)
    If I don't have time to think about a trip before I go (and thus have no idea what to expect), I tend not to be excited either (and maybe more anxious than anything). I'm sure once you're on your way and when you get there, you'll feel more in the spirit. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! One great thing about living on that side of the world, you can go someplace like Spain and just think of it as a relaxing place to be with your fella. Have fun with the stuff you see and don't worry about seeing stuff that doesn't interest you. (You can always go back, after all.) Anyway it's all about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si, pero su esposo habla un poco de Espanol. Mas de Frances...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this show on the Travel Channel (see? I have to watch it on TV and you get to LIVE it!) about tapas in Seville - I'm so envious. The food looked incredible. Here's a link - they talk about specific bars and types of food. Yum!

    http://www.travelchannel.com/Travel_Ideas/Food_and_Wine/ci.Eating_Tapas_in_Seville%2C_Spain.alternative?vgnextfmt=alternative

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jess! I see that Garren's already be looking at the link. :)

    ReplyDelete