Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This is kinda cool.....

and squishy and kinda gross.

So says my husband with his hand inside of a squid. I don't know how I feel about seeing my calamari before it becomes calamari. I've tried to avoid the kitchen as much as possible so as not to destroy the veil around deep fried breaded calamari goodness.

If anyone wants to know step by step instructions about cleaning a squid you can find it here. (You'll need to click on "play full" video and then "how to clean a squid"). Does anyone know what people did before the internet to learn this sort of stuff? Joy of Cooking I guess.

In the meantime, for your actual viewing pleasure.


2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of cleaning squid. I think it wins on the gross-out factor for cleaning seafood. I won't tell you what it reminds me of because, well, that's just not a topic for polite conversation. Hehe...I hope you have some absolutely divine calamari though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i hadn't looked at that picture so the illusion of calamari could have remained intact. sigh.

    ReplyDelete