Thursday, March 11, 2010

Je suis un ananas

Kept Man and I were having our nightly skype call (gotta keep the romance alive!) and he was mentioning that he's been trying to watch movies in French to get more exposure to the language. Only problem is that even the Disney movies talk really fast and use big and/or slang words making it hard for a beginner to really keep up.

Trying to think of something easy for him to watch I remembered these silly videos in Middle School French classes that involved a pineapple. The word for pineapple in french, ananas, is one of my favorite words in French to this day because of this video.

Once I mentioned a talking pineapple be both immediately googled (like the bay area nerds we are) and low and behold Ananas is on You Tube. God bless the internet.

And I had forgotten about the song! And Ananas is pretty freaky looking. He looks like one of those strange dolls with the moving beaks and the eyes that move back and forth. I forget what they're called.

Anyways now Kept Man has at least 13 episodes of Ananas and beginner French to enjoy. Or be slightly disturbed by. Whatever.

6 comments:

  1. In lieu of the hubby, I don't know if you read Pioneer Woman's site, but she's posting series of kitty photos I'm sure you'd love: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/03/your-cat-photos-group-4/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pwphotography+%28Pioneer+Woman+Photography%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart pioneer woman. If I'd known about the cat pictures I might have tried to clean up my photo of Willoughby & Maggie standing at our backdoor screen looking at the dog coming up the porch.

    I miss my cats! The lazy furballs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. Already tried (I'm shooting for free Le Creuset. I'm a whorish SAHH (that's a Stay At Home Husband for those of you not in the know)). Tough to clean that shot up. Still a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad for being taken with my point and shoot camera.

    I had to be quick! Those furballs don't like to hold any cut position when I'm trying to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have you know that I've been watching Telefrançais religiously for the past few days. A couple episodes a day. At this rate, I could be one of those creepy adults on children's programming on France24. You know the kind, sorta like Gordon from Rue Sésame. Over acteur.

    ReplyDelete