Friday, August 13, 2010

What a difference a year makes

Last year on this day Kept Man and I flew to Marrakech for the first time. I was nervous, scared, unsure and uneasy.

And it was Kept Man's birthday.

This year on the same day I am again flying into Marrakech but for the last time. I'm coming to officially say goodbye, collect our things, my husband and move our lives out of Morocco and into the Czech Republic.

This year Kept Man and I will celebrate his birthday in better spirits. At a restaurant we've been trying to eat at for the past year even though it is around the corner from our apartment. This is going to be a better year. Things are settling down.

So Happy Birthday Garren! I hope that this year provides you with the opportunities you want and that we're together so much you're practically sick of me. See you in a few hours birthday boy.


2 comments: