Monday, August 16, 2010

Laminated Gold


Today I finally received my carte de sejour which is basically my work visa in Morocco. This means I can open up a bank account, stay in the country for longer than 3 months at a time and overall be considered a resident in the country instead of an extended visitor. 

Mmm...too bad I'm leaving forever next week. That's right. It took a year to get this card. And it looks like the only thing I will use it for is to get out of the country. 

I've survived day one of Moroccan bureaucracy. I never felt so exhausted by waiting and looking stupid while other people discuss me and what it is that I want. The end goal is to receive a piece of paper that allows our belongings to make it through customs. I hope to have it by the end of tomorrow. Cross your fingers that my vapid express continues to work and they give this poor girl a customs clearance just so she'll go away and stop staring at them blankly.

I will never complain about any form of US bureaucracy. Ever. Again. You don't know how good you have it with the DMV. Yes, I'm serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment