Sunday, May 23, 2010

Stop. Reject.

I have not been doing well on keeping up with my short term goals. Pathetic really. And all I can say dear readers is that I am exhausted. You would think that living where you work would be easier, no commute, you can go home for lunch, but really all you end up doing is working more because you just have to walk upstairs and you just want to finish one more thing. And the truth is I like having a commute (a short one mind you) but I need that 20 minutes to wind down, relax and process my day.

Basically I come home, lie down and do not want to move. Kept Man was always good at getting me to go out, to keep me from being a bed potato, but he's off traveling and I'm here in Prague in the hotel room wallowing.

And I want to say Stop. Reject. No wallowing. No depression. Get up and do something. You're in Prague. It's new. It's different. But the truth is that I'm over not having a home. This whole year has been starting off new in two different places and as soon as I start feeling comfortable in one I'm yanked away. I miss having a place of my own. A kitchen. Family. Close friends. A life outside of work. I wish I could look at it as one big adventure. I wish I could not take it all so seriously and just enjoy what I do have. But for the most part I find not being able to plan out my personal life and things I want to do frustrating. I do not like being all about work.

I'm hoping to have some answers about where the rest of this year will be going in the next few weeks. I hope that the rest of this year will be settled in one place or another sometime soon and I hope that makes me happy.

And that is where I am at today. I promise that the next blog will be less blah and more fun. Kept Man and I visited Cesky Krumlov last weekend with some friends and as soon as I can access the pictures I'll be sure to post about the trip. Which is fun and upbeat. Really. I swear.

8 comments:

  1. Aw, it's ok to post downy clowny posts. And it DOES suck to be somewhere where you don't know the people...or the language...and you can't make your own toast. (Toast is comfort food.) But soon it will be better! Because you're coming for a visit, and Michele might sell you all her Elfquest. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god! you cannot guilt me into selling you all my elfquest!

    for a brief moment there you did have me. i was all, "aaawwwww, poor downy clowny nuala, i SHOULD give her my elfquest to make her happy."

    BUT YOUR CLEVER TRICKS WON'T WORK ON ME!

    p.s. so no word yet on the transfer? suxors! i am fingers crossing for you. well, ok mostly i am fingers crossing that you decide just to move back here. but, you know, it's the thought that counts...

    p.p.s. i like the name Cesky Krumlov. that's a barrel of monkey fun right there.

    p.p.p.s. i plan on doing totally awesome on my goals this week. so plan accordingly, nuala bugula. try to keep pace!

    p.p.p.p.s. speaking of keeping pace. i had a dream last night where kim moved to india (it was awful) but kris and i were having a race down the street from the bathroom (bowl on the ground we had to empty after each use) to our accommodations (3 blocks away, also: they were cages) and we were running and running and jacob and sean were walking behind me and overtaking me. kris was way out in front. stupid short stumpy legs! and dream molasses movement! i'm not going to let that be a foreboding of how i will do on goals this week. no, sir. i will move faster than jacob and sean can walk. just watch me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're comments made me giggle, sooooo I suppose that is good enough and you don't have to sell me your elfquest. maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can borrow them while you're home. borrowing is acceptable. or you can pout and look really depressed and maybe sway me. maybe. (cold day in hell).

    my comment was like as long as your post. sigh. i need to learn shortitude.

    back to uploading pics from yesterday's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wallowing! go be social and fabulous! you might not be in Prague for much longer so enjoy it while you're there. and next time you need to go to France WITH Garren. You work so hard and deserve some vacation too. at least you're coming home soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nuala, nice meeting you, I stopped by accident and I loved what you wrote!
    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete