Sunday, January 10, 2010

Whew!



From a slow paced work environment to the holidays to intense no time to stop 12 hour work days. I'm exhausted. This is the first chance I've had to really sit in front of a computer and not be on go go go mode let alone have slept in and had a leisurely breakfast with the Kept Man.

To tell the truth I can't complain. I love being busy and after five months of barely doing anything in a work day it is satisfying to be needed, feel overwhelmed and know that I am being productive. Weird I know but to me hell would be having to go to work and pretend to be busy all the time. Without internet to distract me. I can barely stand going to work where I don't have to pretend that I'm not busy. And where I have internet to distract me.

Getting to Prague was another adventure. I arrived early for my flight from Marrakech to London. Got checked in, went through security and was quietly waiting to know what gate I would be leaving from while reading my book when I heard via announcement in both Arabic, French and English that my flight was delayed by 2 hours. Now I had a tight turn around in London where I had to collect my bag, go through customs, change terminals and check in for another flight within a 3 hour period. Being delayed two hours meant I was never going to make it.

Also I have a phone that does not call internationally, so I had to call my boss in Marrakech to call my boss at Corporate so that everyone could be aware that I was delayed. However I was not able to contact Kept Man as he was already on his way to Prague and had an international number that I couldn't call at the moment from Morocco. Curses!

After 3.5 hour delay in Marrakech within an insane amount of children on the flight. Get off my armrest!  I made it to London, collected my bag, made it over to another terminal, got in line with EasyJet and managed to get a ticket on the next flight to Prague at 6am the next day. With my handy English SIM card I was able to call my Corporate boss get a room for the night at an airport hotel and call Kept Man to catch up. He made it to Prague just fine and was enjoying our hotel room without me.

I made it into Prague on Tuesday just before another huge winter storm hit the UK. After I arrived at the hotel it was go go go. I checked in, ran upstairs, gave the man a kiss and ran back down to start work. I didn't even manage to step outside the hotel until Thursday when Kept Man and I went to a restaurant around the corner for dinner. Steak and French Fries with insanely yummy mustardy garlic sauce how I love you.

Now with a weekend almost under my belt I've managed to sleep in, relax, see a movie and take a little walk into town. Work is back tomorrow but with all the immediate things taken care of I think it will at least no longer be 12 hour days nor so intense.

So that's it. I've made it Prague. I'm alive. Sorry to all of you who have emailed and I have not responded to. I barely managed a "I'm alive email" to my mom. Be happy I'm awake and coherent.

1 comment:

  1. aw! you look so cute in that bottom picture. keep up the photographic proof of your travels, please. =)

    ReplyDelete