Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Like walking on Mashed Potatoes



I never knew snow could be so fluffy. Any snow I have ever walked through before has always been very icy (read rock hard) or slushy (read watery coldness the invades your boots). Neither of which are very pleasant. Walking around in Prague in this light airy snow has been cold but fun and it's no surprise that I compared its consistency to some type of food. Obsessed.

Besides mashed potatoes the snow here can also be compared to chocolate chip ice cream. Fluffy snow + grit = chocolate chip ice cream to me. Now if I could just find a spoon.....


2 comments:

  1. The dirty, slushy stuff at each intersection is like walking through roasted parsnip purée, should anyone be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're busy again, but also glad you're not too busy to make this snow/food comparison. I really enjoy picturing you making your way through drifts of mashed potatoes (/parsnips).

    ReplyDelete