Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cold Weather

A couple of things that make living in a cold climate ok

  1. Gluhwein. How does it keep you warm even when it's freezing out? Kept Man has come up with a pretty good home version which keeps me happy when I come home from work.
  2. Christmas markets and all the yummy food. Sausages, gingerbread, warm candied nuts and Trdelnik are worth the cold weather
  1. It's picturesque. Walking to work with snow flakes coming down is pretty surreal for this California girl and it distracts me long enough get to work and back.
  2. It really feels like Christmas. Screw fake snow and 70 degree weather. (I'll admit I'll probably be ready for the snow to be over after Christmas, but I can revel in it for now)
  3. I actually have use for hats, gloves and scarfs. I've never used them so much before. And I look cute. 
  4. I have a reason to buy and use leg-warmers. And I don't look like an idiot and no one cat calls, "Hey Flashdance" or anything like that. It's awesome. It's ok. I know you're jealous.

So winter time with snow is pretty much ok. The only downside? Slushy snow. And slipping. I was doing ok until yesterday when I totally bit it and landed on my ass. But I'm ok. The only bruise I have is from running into the corner of our bed. Which basically means it has nothing to do with my falling. I'm nothing if not a klutz. And in case anyone was wondering my foot is all better. I went to a doctor and she pretty much told me that if I had broken it it isn't anymore. And I can wear heels again. Yeah for winter!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Flashdance! Have a nice trip? See you next fall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good test for whether you've had too much gluhwein is whether you can say trdelnik three times fast. Or at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "if it was broken, it isn't anymore" - LOVE IT. oh man, now i have a craving for gluhwein. and you DO look cute in hats and scarves and leg warmers! it is surreal, though, to hear about all this cold and snow when i'm here batting away mosquitoes and listening to the chirp of geckos.

    ReplyDelete