Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Mom Favorite


I decided I should write more about the places we are eating at here in Prague because let's face it Kept Man and I are food OBSESSED. Seriously. For our trip home in June to California all we can think about is where we are going to eat. It's a little silly.

So the first place I decided to blog about was actually the first restaurant we went to in Prague. When I first arrived I was working like a fiend and barely saw my husband for 3 days. Once things calmed down he dragged me out of the hotel just down the street to a little French Restaurant he had noticed. Last night after attempting to go to Indian food and being thwarted by the lack of trams or replacement buses we listed a couple of places nearby we could go to and I'm so happy that Cafe de Paris had room for us. Apparently once the weather turns nice it's impossible to go to dinner anywhere on a Friday night. Who knew?

It's a small place that always seems to be busy but both times we have gone they have managed to squeeze us in somewhere. The menu is limited but when we're talking French Brasserie do you really go for anything but Steak Frites? Not in my family you don't. The best part of the these Steak Frites? The sauce. It's the 'Cafe de Paris' sauce and it is apparently a secret recipe. I can tell you there are shallots and garlic in it and that is enough for me to try to mop up every last tasty bit with my french fries. There were also some other yummy looking options on the menu last night including a Sea Bass and a Mushroom Risotto.

After a stressful week and a good 45 minutes of trying to make our way to another restaurant, Cafe de Paris with a glass of red wine was a welcome evening out. Pricing is about $15 per person with salad, french baguette and steak and french fries. Don't follow our lead and just show up. Reservations are recommended.

Cafe de Paris
Maltészké náměstí 4 | Praha 1 | +420603160718
open daily 12pm - 12am

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Please share the food obsession! We foodies can never get enough of hearing/talking about really good food. That sauce sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete