Friday, September 11, 2009

Still Here

I know that some of you have been wondering where I've been.

Well I'm still in Morocco and still alive. The truth is I'm just exhausted. I sit all day at my desk trying to get anything done, feeling like I get nothing done, cursing the lack of internet and computer (still on our personal laptop) and by the time I get home all I want to do is cuddle with my husband, turn my brain off and watch TV.

I'm happy to report that re-runs (for me anyways) of The OC and The Biggest Loser are on nightly as well as many random movies. Top that off with our ability to watch streamed videos of almost anything we want, and Ashley on Top Chef, I'm pretty much set on the entertainment front.

So basically things are going. Slowly. Mostly at this point I'm just frustrated. There is a general lack of direction and as with any opening there are a million changes. My main problem at the moment is that I'm expected to create a training plan/matrix and all SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for my department as well begin to hire my staff and prep myself for setting up both an online and local system. It's all pretty standard, really, but having never done it on my own before, I don't have enough hands let alone enough brain space to even attempt to accomplish it right now.

I'm going to take this weekend to have a stable internet connection and try to get myself organized. I'm hoping my wonderful husband can help me. When things get to big for me I get overwhelmed. And I find I avoid everything. I'm hoping if I can nail things down a bit more, get an actual plan in place that maybe things will be more manageable. Right now I'm all over the place. Even this post is all over the place.

Have a computer and files at work would be a freaking help. But that would involve other people being organized or things being easy in Morocco. Yea uh-huh. So another thing to do this weekend, buy some work supplies!

So I apologize for the partly depressing nature of this post, but it is what it is. I think once things start running more smoothly at work and we get a workable opening date, I have better more exciting things to talk about.

On the home front we may have our stuff in the next few weeks. It's supposed to arrive in Casablanca around the 24th and we're making a trip up to Casablanca next week to get a document from the American Embassy which states that we are living in Morocco. (The amount of paperwork needed is never ending and everything has to be done in person) We're talking about taking the train so hopefully a more upbeat and exciting post will be forthcoming.

Nuala out!

1 comment: