Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Happy Tuesday. Pull up a chair. Can I get you something? Coffee? Tea? Me? (Name that movie!)

I'm in a bit of a silly mood. Maybe it's just a good day. Or maybe it's finally deciding not to take things so seriously. Or maybe it's realizing that I am good at my job and I do know more than I realize.

Any-who. If we were really meeting for coffee today I'd tell you about the Kylie Minogue concert I attended last week. I was lucky enough to score a free ticket randomly through work. Kept Man decided he was not interested in going but I didn't want to miss out on a free show so I decided to go on my own. I'm glad I did. The ticket was the kind that I would never pay for but the view might be worth it. I was about 10 feet from Ms. Minogue at all times. It was awesome. And boy does she put on a show. *begin side note* I will mention that I have never seen so many gay men in one place in Prague before. But then again, I don't get out much. *end side note* The costumes, dancers and the sets were more than enough to keep me entertained even though I didn't know too many of her songs. I'm only familiar with her very recent hits and the 80s classic (well classic to me and my sister) "Put your hand on your heart". She did not play the 80s classic but she had enough good looking male dancers (start around minute 2:00 on this video to see what I'm talking about) to make up for it. If I had the opportunity I might go see Ms. Minogue again. It was good times.

The rest of my week was quiet although Kept Man did manage to drag me out on Saturday night. We headed to Botel Admiral (which is a two minute walk from our house) for drinks which was a complete trip. Lots of dark polished wood and furniture that looks like it was in style in 1984. I'm looking forward to trying it out again during the summer when the deck is open. During drinks at one point I thought we were having an earthquake, but no that's just what happens when you're having drinks on a boat. It moves from time to time.

Kept Man managed to keep me out late and after drinks we headed to Jazz Dock (again a 10 minute walk from home) and listened to some Jazz. It's a small venue. A little pricey on the weekends but I know they have less expensive shows/times. I was glad we went. We'd been talking about it for a year. Really a year. No exaggeration. Man we need to get out more. We are old people. Scratch that. I am an old person. Kept Man actually gets out into the world more often than me.

And then after telling you all this is would shamefully admit that apart for going out Saturday and heading to a movie and the grocery store on Sunday I didn't leave our apartment even though it was sunny and clear all weekend. After a week of working all I want to do is lay around in my pajamas and veg. I need at least 4 days off if I'm expected to do more than catch up on TV. I promise to try to get out this next weekend. Kept Man and I have already discussed going for a bike ride. And if all else fails the farmer's market starts in two weeks and that is across the river from us. I cannot claim laziness to avoid it.

And that pretty much catches you up with my week. I'd be sure to leisurely finish my coffee while I listen to what's been happening with you. And when all possible topics have been exhausted I'd get up to go as Kept Man has prepared dinner and I'm holding things up. Turkey burgers tonight.

The man, the legend: my husband

mmmm Turkey burgers

I'm so spoiled. Thanks for joining me for coffee this week. See you next week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Mmm turkey burgers...

    Sounds like you're having loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - we are the only people who know that song!! Wish I could have gone with you...oh memories.

    ReplyDelete