Friday, February 27, 2009

Possibility


A few weeks ago my boss was talking me up to the Regional Director of Revenue (Europe) and while she was on the phone I was asked if I would be interested in moving to Marrakech. I said I wouldn't say no as long as it was ok that my French is rusty and no so great on the reading or writing. I thought nothing of it as they were just chatting and really interested in me? To move me to Morocco...I figured there must be someone Europe based who would be better fit.

But now. Well apparently I'm going to be contacted sometime soon about the opportunity. (mental screaming and freaking out is going on right now) I mean I would love to visit Morocco, but do I want to live there? I love the food. It would certainly be an adventure. But what about Garren. Could he get a job? Would he be granted a Visa to work? Would we have to be married to make these things more probable? And the cats. I have to be able to take them. Will they ever forgive me for putting them on a plane? Will they be scarred for life? These are the things that filter through my brain and NOTHING has happened yet.

So yea. Marra-freaking-kech. The mental freak out continues.

2 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! Oh my god, maybe they'll fly you out for an interview and I can meet you there! :) Seriously, if its offered to you, take it, everything else will fall into place. I can speak from experience that sometimes the best opportunities are the hardest but so worth it. You would regret it i think if you turned it down. And how i wish i could be paid to get my French back! its the best of both worlds. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARRAKECH!

    This is what happens when I forget you have a new blog. I miss out. Seriously, Marrakech -- don't hesitate! Don't pause! Don't refuse to let me visit!

    ReplyDelete