Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Christmas! Or it was....

in Munich.

G Unit and went on a trip to Munich a couple of weeks ago. We spent 3 days in the city of München drinking glühwein, sampling stollen, eating candied nuts (G Unit's favorite) and buying christmas decorations.

It was a great few days. We relaxed, ate lots of great food, drank at Hofbrauhaus. Took a mid afternoon nap after Hofbrauhaus. And generally got into the Christmas spirit.

While we miss home, and boy do we, it's these trips that we're able to take together and share that are unthinkable back in the States and allow us to get a little peak into another culture that make me glad that we took this leap of faith and moved abroad. I don't want to be here forever and it's not the perfect fit I hoped for, but it's these memories that I will remember and make me glad we're here. Man that was long winded. On to the pictures!

ZiGarren

Where are we?

The place with beer as big as my head!

All this food is making my face look fat.

View from the top of our hotel towards the Alps

Kisses from Munich!

And now a little video. Merry Christmas!






2 comments:

  1. We have those steins!

    I love how so many of these videos begin (perfectly reasonably, mind you) with Garren asking "Where are we?" Like the dementia is kicking in a little, maybe. Or like he is me and genuinely never knows where he is. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your videos.

    We got your lovely card in the mail! And late March/early April sounds fantastic! Although, if you can manage to be here April 13-15, you'll catch the Songkran Festival (Thai New Year), when all of Thailand erupts in water fights along the streets. It's awesome. :)

    Happy New Years you too! We miss you much and are excited about the possibility of seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete