Monday, October 3, 2011

Reality Bites

So as we are all aware I've been neglecting this blog. I look at my number of posts per month and shake my head in shame. It's pathetic. I'm disappointed in myself but the truth is I have a hard time coming up with something to write about.

I feel the need to be interesting and upbeat (because really why else bother reading this) and the truth is that life here in Prague is pretty much the same as life back in the US. I get up, I go to work, I come home, G Unit and I make dinner, we watch some TV and we go to bed. And how interesting is that to hear about? The truth is that G Unit and I are in each other's company a lot and there are only so many entertaining things we say to one another. Or see. Or do. And the truth is that I'm homesick. Seriously homesick. So it's hard to try and write about anything non exciting here when it just makes me realize how much we're missing back home.

Like Katy & Evan's wedding. Which we so didn't send a card in time for because we (I) are post office challenged. I can't ever manage to get something sent on time. Christmas, birthdays, special events. I'm always late with the sending. I always think about it but never manage it until after the due date has passed. So Katy and Evan, Congratulations! I'm so sorry that we weren't able to celebrate with you. Seriously hurts my heart. But a card is on the way! That is so not good enough. ::sigh::

But even if we were back in the States right now instantaneously the truth is that we most likely would not be back home. We've been talking about it around our house a lot lately. Our main goal is to save money, move our asses back to the States and settle down. Part of that involves buying a house and maybe, maybe people, popping out a baby or two. But to do that we probably can't stay in California, because who can afford that (in a nice area)? Probably not us. At this point the entire US is an open possibility, which is exciting, but also sad, because even if we get back to the comfort of the States most likely we will still be far from friends and family and that means starting over again.

It's all rather daunting. And exciting. And scary. And so far away.

So there it is. The reason I haven't been writing. I'm sad and have nothing fun to say. And winter is coming. But I'm going to try to write more anyways. Get back on the horse and all. Maybe something interesting will happen. At least TV season started again.

Hugs and Kisses
N