Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alive in Prague


Kept Man took me to the Opera last night. There was lots of pageantry, women with big boobs and obviously singing of the opera variety with subtitles for those of us who don't know what the hell they're singing about. All and all a good time.

No elephant, just tusks but some people shouldn't provide unrealistic expectations. I'm looking at you girls.

My favorite part of the evening was during the overture. We were up in the first gallery right over the pit and could see all the musicians. Watching them begin to play was like watching a wave. First a few on the right start, then some on the left join in then the brass section all pick up their instruments at the same time. It's mesmerizing. Or I'm just easily amused.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I totally did an elephant fake-out. Sorry you didn't get an elephant, but at least you have a pretty dress there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I only promised camels. Those didn't appear either though, did they? Go big or go home, opera. That's what I always say.

    ReplyDelete